The safety and welfare of our students is a top priority for us.
Our policies, procedures and assessments demonstrate some of the ways in which we care for our visiting students and also our staff team. Here are also an example of how we aim to keep our global young travellers safe in the UK.
- 24 hr emergency telephone number for students, their parents and group leaders
- Handbook covering all aspects of the programme distributed in advance to students and group leaders
- Qualified First Aiders on site at each school and residence
- Thorough student and group leader inductions upon arrival, which outline key safety and welfare elements of the programme
- Regular fire drills carried out at the school and accommodation
- Fully DBS checked staff, including our drivers
- A rigorous job application process for all staff members, and regular Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training
- Compulsory safeguarding training for all of our staff members before they commence employment
- School policies regarding to safety, welfare and safeguarding followed by all staff and group leaders, and available upon request
- Dedicated staff members assigned to students travelling without a group leader
- Regular formal and informal student feedback opportunities throughout their programme, to ensure that they are having a positive experience
- All specialist diets/preferences can be catered for
* We recommend that all students take out their own travel and medical insurance.
Alternatively contact us about our own student travel and medical insurance policy which is available for purchase, week-by-week.