AS & A-level Mathematics Online Course Overview
Gain a deeper understanding of mathematics by studying for your A-level with OSI. We teach in real-time, live classrooms and you can revisit lesson recordings at any time. Our team of expert teachers, and smaller class sizes, ensure you are supported every step of the way.
If you loved Maths at GCSE, then taking the next step up to A-level can expand your knowledge and give you the skills you need for university and the world of work. Students who study A-level Maths often go on to study subjects such as Physics, Engineering and Computer Science at University, but the skills you learn are transferable to a huge range of career paths.
A-level Maths is all about problem solving and developing your analytical thinking, attributes which are often desired by universities and employers. Successful candidates in A-level Maths online gain a wide range of lifelong skills, including:
- A deeper understanding of core mathematical principles
- The further development of mathematical skills. These include the application of mathematics in the context of everyday situations and other subjects you may be studying
- The ability to analyse problems logically, recognising when and how a situation may be represented mathematically
- The use of mathematics as a means of communication
- A solid foundation for further study
AS and A-level Mathematics units in the scheme cover a range of topics to give you an insight into key areas of mathematics. Through your A Level, you will study the following subject areas:
- Pure Mathematics (units P1, P2 and P3);
- Mechanics (units M1 and M2);
- Probability & Statistics (units S1 and S2)
We recommend that candidates who are beginning this course should have previously completed an IGCSE level course in Mathematics. This will ensure you have a good foundation knowledge, which we will build upon at the A-levels stage.